Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions that our customers ask a lot.
- How do you figure how much rock you need? Measure the length by the width to get your total square footage. For every 100 square feet, you will need 1 ton to cover 2″ deep. This is because the terrain isn’t perfectly flat. If you go by this formula, you should have just the right amount of material.
- How do you figure how much Mulch you need? The formula for rock works the same for mulch, only that you are purchasing by the yard. For every 100 square feet, you will need 1 yard to cover 2″ deep.
- How much does one yard of Pine Bark cover? 1 yard of Pine Bark will cover 80 square feet at 2″ deep.
- What is the difference between a ton and a yard? It really depends on the material. For Example, one yard of River Rock weighs 2400 pounds, while one yard of Limestone will weigh about 1800 pounds. This is because the River Rock is more dense than the Limestone. However, both approximately cover 100 square feet at 2″ deep.
- How long does the color last on dyed mulch? Usually, the color dye will last about one year before fading becomes very noticeable. But you can refresh the color by flipping and mixing it by moving the mulch around. You can also do a light top dressing, by adding a thin layer as needed. Mulch will eventually break down into the soil. This is a major benefit of adding mulch to your planting beds. Our soil in Florida isn’t the best quality. Mulch helps retain moisture in the soil as it breaks down. Your plants will love that, and love you for providing that!
- Do you deliver or do I need to come and pick it up? We do deliver, but if you have a way to pick up what you want to purchase, you’re welcome to do that too! If you have other delivery questions, go here for more FAQ regarding material delivery.